What is included in our inspection report?
Literally hundreds of items are inspected, including a visual inspection of the following areas;
- FOUNDATION: visual inspection of the slab, or crawl space, computer level survey available
- ROOF: visual inspection of the roof surfaces, related vents and flashing
- EXTERIOR: siding, trim, finishes, doors, windows, porches, balconies, etc.
- OVERHANG AND GUTTERS: soffitt, fascia, gutters, downspouts
- AC & HEATING SYSTEMS: units and related components, duct and vent systems, etc.
- PLUMBING: water heater, gas service, visible and accessible feed and sewer lines, valves, fixtures,etc.
- ELECTRICAL: panels, visible wiring, switches, outlets, fixtures, etc.
- INTERIOR: walls, ceilings, floors, etc.
- ATTIC: framing, decking, insulation, ventilation, etc.
- KITCHEN: cabinetry, appliances, etc.
- Repair and maintenance suggestions are also included in reports.
- Approximate age and approximate life expectancy of components are also included.
Should I be present during my inspection?
It is recommended, if at all possible, that you attend your inspection. Your inspector will review his notes with you during and after the inspection. This will allow him to show you problem areas while at the property. You will have a much better understanding of your written report if you attend your inspection. If you cannot attend your inspection, we will make every effort to make ourselves available to answer any questions that you may have.
How are reports prepared?
We provide computer generated reports about your specific property. This enables us to provide more detailed individualized reports. We do not use check list type reports. If time is a restriction, on site hand written reports are available. Please notify us before the inspection if an on site report is desired.
How long until I receive a copy of the report?
Reports are processed within 24-36 hours from time of inspection, excluding weekends.
How are reports delivered?
Our prefered delivery method is email. However, we will fax or mail copies if requested by the client.
Does anyone else get a copy of my report?
Reports are sent only to you and/or your agent unless you instruct us to do otherwise.
How long does a normal inspection take?
A normal inspection usually requires a couple of hours on average. However, we will spend as much time as needed to provide you with a good thorough inspection of your prospective purchase.
How much does it cost?
Full inspections start at $175.00 for the first 1000 sq. ft. and only increase by $25.00 for every 500 additional sq. ft. Additional fees apply to multi family structures, raised structures, and large structures. Please contact us for an exact price quote on your inspection.
I am purchasing new construction, should I have it inspected?
Yes! We regularly inspect new construction, and can perform punchlist inspections. This will allow you to have the builder correct deficiencies before you take possession of the property.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
"For your protection get a Makofsky Inspection"